Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Its Been One Week

Long gone are the moats, fountains, castles and fields of Nantes. Here and now is a 40-hour work week, constant bombardment of (loud) English, and bills for school. Plus, I’ve been trying to figure out if Jeff Hirsch is dead or alive (no, seriously if you can help me out on this one I’d be grateful).

But America isn’t going to beat me. Consumerism and secular humanism isn’t going to win the war. Summer Project did its job, and I continue to find new mercies and joys in the Lord day by day. One of such joys is trying to cram “what I did for six weeks in Nantes…” into one page with pictures for a ministry update letter for my supporters and followers of this blog. It ain’t easy. It’s like trying to describe the way 1 Peter 1:3-9 is currently racking my brain.

Prayer is awesome. I really want to thank everyone who is praying consistently for God’s will to be done on this Earth. I especially want to thank the prayer team from project. You guys gave me so many cool ways to remember to go to the Lord, and filled my heart with so much truth about the power of prayer. I love you all.

For now, I’m working as a medical records clerk at a cardiology/internal medicine practice to try to afford school in the fall. Each day I get an opportunity to pray over those people whose charts I handle and whose papers I file. I also get a ton of time to think about what the Lord is doing in me, and how I can share it with you, the reader.

On a completely random note, B.B. King’s “Sweet Sixteen” (look up the live version on YouTube) and J.S. Bach’s prelude to Cello Suite 1 (check out Yo-Yo Ma) are changing the way I look at music.

I’m definitely going to be more regular with updates, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I woke up out of a deep, deep slumber because I heard you had a new blog post. Excellent write-up, my friend. Thanks for the shirt linkage--just ordered mine. While it may be inaccurate now, I'm very much looking forward to wearing it on campus and being "that guy."

    ReplyDelete