Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rejuvenation

When I get tired of being in the hot sun and talking to people who I can barely understand, some rejuvenation is needed. Here are some good ways I've found to revitalize my body and spirit.

1) Prayer - Whether in the morning before bible study, late at night, in between conversations, or whenever, letting the Lord into my life through confession and letting in grace is an amazing feeling.

2) Walks - I'm in town all day, but people generally only gather in certain spots. It's fun to walk the streets of a city that was around before cars. It's often narrow, cobblestone and windy. The best thing to do is just to get lost, open up the Word, then meditate on scripture as I try to find some tram tracks and figure out how to get back. An iPod is always a plus.

3) Sermons - My go to pastors this summer have been D.A. Carson and John Piper. I love to gain access into the way they view the Lord. I learn something new about Christ. I get convicted of some sin in my life, or I am led to joy.

4) Discussion - Each Sunday, David "Paydirt" Pater and I have been meeting to listen to a sermon, reflect on it, and talk about our lives and our weeks. I've found this to be a great way to finish off the week. David just graduated from the University of Georgia in Athens, GA and is headed to Trinity in Chicago for seminary next year. There, he will study under D.A. Carson and other awesome men of God. It's been a blessing to get to know David and tap into his knowledge and learn about his convictions.

5) Journaling - Sometimes, I don't even realize where my own head is at until I put my thoughts on paper.

6) Napping - Whether in the ile de Versailles japanese garden or in my bed or somewhere else, some shut eye never hurts.

7) Psalms - I love psalm 73, but usually, I just flip through and read a couple. It's amazing what the Lord leads me to.

HOW DO YOU REJUVENATE?

1 comment:

  1. Let's see... a lot of this will sound familiar: Prayer, walks, talking to friends, walking, choir practice, napping, being with my faith community. Love psalms, too.

    ReplyDelete